Sunday School Teachers
As the Sunday School Teacher, you will demonstrate in-depth Quran, Arabic, and/or Islamic knowledge and outstanding teaching abilities. Our ideal candidate is an active member in the community, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. If you’re a motivated and creative professional with a talent for teaching, then we’re interested in you. In this position, you will be responsible for a range of duties including developing lesson plans, assigning homework, responding to issues, and addressing students’ needs.
Sunday School Teacher Responsibilities:
- Must at all times provide a safe, warm and welcoming environment for their students.
- Treat students with fairness, kindness, and equality in the classroom, while maintaining discipline and order.
- Create lesson plans in line with the curriculum.
- Evaluate the class’ progress at a predetermined pace, and will ensure that class activities are always in accordance with the curriculum for the assigned grades.
- Prepare and oversee weekly Quran, Arabic, and/or Islamic lessons.
- Develop educational plays and skits.
- Attend staff meetings with all assigned teachers and management staff.
- Respond to all Sunday-school related issues and offer guidance.
- Ensure that the designated area of the Sunday school is clean and presentable.
- Are expected to dress neatly, professionally and within the accepted Islamic Guidelines.
- Oversee the attendance record.
Sunday School Teacher Requirements:
- Active community member.
- Good understanding of planning and developing lesson plans.
- Available for teaching on Sundays, 10AM-1PM
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven experience as an Educator is advantageous.
For Teachers Interested in Signing up to Teach the Islamic Studies Halaqa Class:
The Halaqa class is meant for highschool students (ages 14+). It is imperative that the teachers of this level are understanding of the generations’ plights and have an open mind to discuss these topics without hesitation or fear. Teachers of this level must also be open to becoming mentors and counselors to the students. (See Summary of Classes for more information)