While it is important and noble for one to memorize the Noble Quran, in today’s day and age, it is more imperative than ever that we understand what Allah SWT is telling us. We must instill within our students the love of Allah SWT through His words.
- Students are expected to memorize some of the Quran that will help them pray and understand the basics of the religion.
- Students are expected to understand the basic Tafseer of the Surah, i.e. the purpose of revelation, how it ties with the Seerah, the lesson(s) behind it, and how it is relevant to their lives and struggles today.
QR Levels: There are 5 levels available, each determined by fluency and proficiency first, then age:
- QR1 (KG): Our KG students memorize the basic Surahs required for Salah, along with tying it to the fundamentals of Tawheed.
- QR2: Basic/Beginner level. Students memorize short Surahs, with emphasis on tying it to the fundamentals of Tawheed, storytelling & lessons from the Seerah, and application to daily lives.
- QR3: Students memorize a Surah(s) that is pre-chosen by their teachers at the start of the year, along with a strong emphasis on meaning; Tafseer, storytelling & lessons from the Seerah, and application to daily lives. At the end of the course, students are expected to be able to read any randomly chosen half-page of the Quran in under 2 minutes, with no more than 4 mistakes.
- QR4 (Pre-Hifz class): Students practice with reading from the Quran in preparation for Part-Time Hifz, i.e. be familiar with all letters, vowels, harakat, words, etc. As in QR3, students memorize along with a strong emphasis on meaning; Tafseer, storytelling & lessons from the Seerah, and application to daily lives. At the end of the course, students are expected to be able to read any random full-page in 3-4 minutes, with no more than 6 mistakes.
- QR5 (Part-Time Hifz): Functions as a Hifz class where students aim to finish as much from the Quran as possible, with a strong emphasis on Tafseer and understanding. Each student will have their own individualized Quran memorization plan. Advanced/Exemplar students may work/volunteer to be TAs/Quran teachers for other levels in certain weeks. To qualify, students are expected to be able to read a randomly chosen page from the Quran in 3-4 minutes (learning outcome from QR4).